/lib/udev/hwdb.bin not found

Elias Diem lists at webconect.ch
Mon Aug 31 20:17:43 CEST 2015

Hi Thomas

On 2015-08-31,  Thomas Lange wrote:

>     >> When I boot a client, the kernel (?) can't find
>     >> /lib/udev/hwdb.bin
>     >>
>     >> Attached are some config files.
>
>     > I also attach /var/log/fai/fai-setup.log
> This looks good. Do you also have the fai.log file?
> What is the excat problem? What is not working besides getting the
> messages that hwdb.bin is not found?

Sorry for not giving enough information.

Actually the kernel won't boot on the client. After showing
the message that hwdb.bin is missing, the client presents a
message that the live image failed to boot. It goes
something like this:

<message>
This Debian Live image failed to boot.

Please file a bug against the 'live-boot' package ...

... The error message was:

Unable to find a medium containing a live file system
</message>

Then, there's a prompt showing '(initramfs)'.

--
Greetings
Elias