Still having problems creating dual-boot workstation

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Thu Aug 13 21:54:11 CEST 2015

A couple of years ago, I posted a question about using FAI to create a
dual-boot machine. We have some kind of aut-installer for Windows 7 that
I know next to nothing about. But after the Windows guy installs Win7, I
use FAI to install linux on the free space. But after FAI finished, the
Win7 installation has to be rescued.  There must be some linux
workaround for this because if you install debian or ubuntu from an
installation CD, you don't have that problem.

How about a sample storage-setup config file for a dual-boot machine?
Here's mine:
--- begin ---
disk_config disk1 disklabel:msdos fstabkey:label align-at:1
preserve_always:1,2
primary    -           204800K       ntfs     rw,relatime
primary    /windows    204800K       ntfs     rw,relatime
logical    /           72G-          ext4     rw,relatime
createopts="-L ROOT"
logical    swap        4G-10G        swap     rw
createopts="-L SWAP"

--
John Heim, jheim at math.wisc.edu, skype:john.g.heim