Can a hook abort a FAI install?

Thomas Neumann blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de
Wed Sep 17 08:37:37 CEST 2014

Hello

On Wednesday 17 September 2014 12:36:47 Andrew Ruthven wrote:
> I expect so, but in this case the default debootstrap tarball is
> present, but it is Debian as I'm using a Wheezy NFS root to build all my
> types of host (including Ubuntu). My FAI setup then attempts a
> dist-upgrade to Ubuntu from Debian. This is fraught with pain and
> requires tender loving care. In this scenario, if the Ubuntu basefile is
> missing, I want it to just abort.

Why don't you remove the 'base.tgz' file completely? A common approach for
multiple OS is to define a classname for a specific OS type/ OS version /
processor architecture combination and provide matching base files in your
config space.

This way you can use exactly the right base file for each OS. (If you have a
fast internet connection I wouldn't use basefiles at all, if it's a slow one
you can speed up installation for all OS variants.)

bye
thomas