fai-mirror, fai-cd and backports

Andreas Heinlein aheinlein at gmx.com
Tue Nov 18 12:29:14 CET 2014

Am 18.11.2014 um 11:02 schrieb Thomas Lange:
>     > If I add 'hplip/precise-backports' to the packages file, this works for
>     > the normal installation, but it does not for the CDs. The reason is that
>     > fai-mirror creates a new repository named 'cskoeln', so FAI/apt cannot
>     > find the 'precise-backports' repo when running from CD.
>
>     > Any ideas how to solve this cleanly?
> No. Currently fai-mirror can not keep the information about the
> repositories where it downloaded the packages. It builds a complete new
> package repository structur. Is there a tool that can do it better?

I found a solution with a slight modification to fai-mirror. Patch is
attached. I added a '-P' option to fai-mirror which allows to copy a
specified APT preferences file to $aptcache/etc/apt/preferences before
creating the mirror.

If I add this to a file 'aptpref'

Package: hplip
Pin: release a=precise-backports
Pin-Priority: 500

and call fai-mirror with ... -P aptpref ..., then the mirror ends up
with hplip_3.13.9... which is from precise-backports. This is enough for
me, don't know if someone else finds this useful.

Bye,
Andreas