FAI initramfs-tools breaks console-setup

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Thu Nov 13 22:08:55 CET 2014

    > Is the breakage of initramfs-tools something that can/will
    > be fixed with a later release?

    > Is there an archive of old FAI releases somewhere that one can use in
    > the meantime?
This is not the fault of a certain FAI package, because
FAI has no special dependency on initramfs-tools.

The breakage appears, because I've added a initramfs-tools package to
the fai-project.org repository, in order to avoid a breakage when
using the 3.16 backports kernel for wheezy.

Since the breakage is in Ubuntu, I don't know how to fix this. I'm also
wondering why Ubuntu 14.04 only has console-setup 1.70. Even Debian
wheezy (released in may 2013) has version 1.88.

Maybe you can fix this by setting the initramfs-tools package on hold.