setup-storage -D

Thomas Neumann blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de
Tue May 27 22:11:01 CEST 2014

Hello

On Tuesday 27 May 2014 21:44:22 Thomas Lange wrote:
>>   /usr/sbin/setup-storage -d -D sda sdb sdc sdd
>>   setup-storage is running in test-only mode
>>   disklist: sda
>>
>> suggested solution: parse given string as comma separated values

> My suggested solution:
>
> Use setup-storage -d -D 'sda sdb sdc sdd' or " instead of '. As with
> other Unix commands, the option only takes one argument. If you neeed
> to specify more than one argument, put them between quotes.

I ~totally~ forgot about quoting. I feel pretty stupid now.

What do you think about explicitely mentioning quoting in the documentation?
Since setup-storage happily ignores any extra disks if the value is not quoted
and the parsed value is only visible in debug mode it might take a bit to spot
the mistake.

bye
thomas