fai-cd -B gives an error

Bob Apodaca bob at phxlab.honeywell.com
Tue May 27 16:14:42 CEST 2014

On 05/26/2014 05:25 AM, Werner Pommerer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to create a boot only ISO image which does a network
> installation.
>
> fai-cd -B /tmp/test.iso
>
> NFSROOT /srv/fai/nfsroot   mounted
>
> Found dracut inside nfsroot, but booting a FAI CD with dracut inside
> the nfsrroot does not yet work.
>
> Using grub2
>
> preparing grub2 eltorito.img using existing core.img from NFSROOT
>
> no memtest86+.bin found, omit memtest boot option
>
> Writing FAI CD-ROM image to /tmp/test.iso. This may need some time.
>
> re-directing all messages to /dev/null
>
> ERROR: genisoimage failed.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas what might be going wrong?
>
> Regards
>
> Werner Pommerer

I have created a bootable CD-ROM using GRUB, but I do not use fai-cd.  I
only use the CD-ROM to boot the kernel and load the initrd, after those
steps the system boots using NFS. I have also successfully used a
similar process to boot from a USB "thumb" drive. If this set-up would
help you I can attempt to explain how to create your own.

Bob