Kernel panic - FAI 4.1.1

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Tue May 13 13:20:57 CEST 2014

    > I was trying to save fai-mirror logs but had a problem. Anyway, there is some messages that I get creating the mirror. Ignore postgresql error messages, I will fix it later, now I just want to
    > install base system.
    > http://paste.debian.net/99232/

You do not have specified the class I386 when calling
fai-mirror. That's why no kernel package is inside your mirror

fai-mirror -v -c DEBIAN,FAIBASE,GRUB_PC,SIGER,DATABASE

    > After creating the mirror, if I ls /srv/fai/nfsroot I get this
    > /srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir# ls -l
    > lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   28 May 12 17:10 initrd.img -> /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-4-486
    > lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   24 May 12 17:10 vmlinuz -> boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-4-486

    > so it seems to vmlinuz-3.2.0-4-486 exists... but then, creting the USB pen and installing it it falls into grub console as I said earlier.
No. This is the kernel inside the nfsroot, which is used for
booting. It's not the kernel package that is needed for installing it
onto the new system.