Error in setup-storage in FAI 4.1

Andreas Heinlein aheinlein at gmx.com
Wed Mar 5 08:35:15 CET 2014

Hello,

yes, I am using liblinux-lvm-perl 0.17-1, which comes from the FAI
repos. But I don't quite get the point of the bug report, it describes a
different problem which apparently does not occur in Ubuntu precise
(which is what I am installing, if that matters). ROOT_PARTITION ends up
being set to ROOT_PARTITION=${ROOT_PARTITION:-/dev/vg1/root}

Anyway, the reports says it is fixed in 4.0.8, so it should be fixed in
4.1, right?

I agree that this also seems to be a parsing problem, from what I
understand after looking at LVM.pm, the variable $lvn is supposed to
contain a Logical Volume Name, which it apparently does not at the point
where the error occurs.

I tried with kernels 3.2.0-4-686-pae (from wheezy) and 3.12-0.bpo.1-486
(from wheezy-backports), made no difference.

I tried again with liblinux-lvm-perl 0.16-1, which then gives a
different error. It is

Cannot satisfy pre-depends for true:
vgchange_a_n_VG_vg1,pv_sigs_removed_vg1,self_cleared_root,self_cleared_swap,self_cleared_tmp,self_cleared_varlog
-- system left untouched

Would be glad to help here.

Thanks,
Andreas