Error in setup-storage in FAI 4.1

Andreas Heinlein aheinlein at gmx.com
Fri Jun 20 09:21:46 CEST 2014

Am 19.06.2014 23:17, schrieb Thomas Neumann:
>> We (Kerim and I) are currently working on getting liblinux-lvm-perl
>> patched upstream. If this does not work, we will prepare a new Debian
>> version of this library.
>
> I strongly recommend to drop Linux::LVM completely, because the required
> functionality is very easily reimplemented:

I appreciate the idea of dropping Linux::LVM, your approach appears
easier to me.

Has anyone ever thought about not parsing vgdisplay output at all and
using liblvm instead? There seems to be little documentation about it,
but it looks to me like the "clean" way to do this. Unfortunately, there
seems to be no perl interface to it, so someone needed to write it.

Bye,
Andreas