Best way to add a nfs4 mount to fstab ?

Holger Parplies wfai at parplies.de
Wed Jun 18 00:51:00 CEST 2014

Hi,

Thomas Lange wrote on 2014-06-17 23:29:29 +0200 [Re: Best way to add a nfs4 mount to fstab ?]:
> In FAI 4.0 you do not need to add $target any more.
> Instead you can now say:
>
> ainsl -s /etc/fstab 'myhomeser.......

ah, that's a nice improvement! I guess it was a common mistake to forget the
$target (happened to me in any case), and it probably *never* makes sense to
change the configuration of the installation system (locally on the installing
client) with ainsl ;-).

I haven't updated yet, because everything simply works so well as it is
(except for the constantly evolving requirements, but that's a matter of
$CONFIGSPACE, not of $FAI). I've grown so accustomed to the fact that
installing a Linux system is just a matter of a few keystrokes and doing
some other (unrelated) work while the system installs, I can't imagine
installing any system *without* FAI any more. Thank you for that!

Regards,
Holger