nfs not responding

Peter Keller psilord at cs.wisc.edu
Tue Jun 10 02:41:20 CEST 2014

Hello,

I have a question:

Sometimes, maybe 2% of the time, when FAI 4.2 finishes installing and is
shutting down to reboot, I get into a state where messages are logged to
the screen about NFS not responding, and then ok, and then not responding,
and then ok, and so on. They repeat every 5 minutes or so. The machine
stays in this state and never actually reboots causing a manual interrupt in
the automated install. The NFS server, AFAICT, was ok the whole time.
The faiserver is a wheezy machine and I'm not using nfs 4.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

Thank you.

-pete