Request for parted sample output

Thomas Neumann blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de
Wed Jun 4 12:03:54 CEST 2014

Hello

For testing purposes (setup-storage) I'd like sample output for various parted
versions and disk partitioning configurations. Not only the most recent ones,
but if possible also going back to at least Ubuntu 12.04 and Debian Wheezy.
Since it's easier to use output from already existing ones then having to
install instances I'd thought to ask the list to help me out.

Adjust the DEVICE variable and execute these commands, mail me the resulting
output (preferably as a text attachment to avoid any accidental reformatting).
If sending output for multiple devices or versions please use multiple files to
avoid any possible confusion.

(as super user)

DEVICE='/dev/sda'
TEMPFILE=`mktemp`
/sbin/parted --version >> $TEMPFILE
echo >> $TEMPFILE
parted -s $DEVICE unit B print >> $TEMPFILE
echo >> $TEMPFILE
parted -s $DEVICE unit S print >> $TEMPFILE
echo >> $TEMPFILE
parted -s $DEVICE unit chs print >> $TEMPFILE
cat $TEMPFILE
rm $TEMPFILE

I don't really care what the partitioning is (if any at all) or whether it was
created via some setup-storage or not. I just want sample data.

thanks
thomas