Possible missing firmware rtl18168g-3.fw fo module r8169

Toomas Tamm tt-fai at kky.ttu.ee
Tue Jun 3 15:15:22 CEST 2014

On Tue, Jun 03, 2014 at 01:52:14PM +0100, Rui Teixeira wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm having an issue with some firmware. Googling I've found som e
> information, installing Realtek firmware but it doesn't fix my issue.
>
> There's the log installing the system (image).
> http://oi57.tinypic.com/316axy1.jpg
>
> Any help will be appreciated, I think this problem is the reason why the
> installed system end up stuck in a black screen on boot.

You need to install the package "firmware-realtek" from the non-free
archives, and re-genetare the relevant initrd(s).

Having said that, I have never seen anything fail because of these
warnings. My systems have always booted and run without visible
problems without the firmware present. So I have always installed the
package manually afterwards, just to get rid of these warnings.

Regards,

Toomas