Not using fai-chboot (was: FAI failure behavior)

Thomas Neumann blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de
Tue Jun 3 12:10:09 CEST 2014

On Tuesday 03 June 2014 12:42:38 Toomas Tamm wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-06-03 at 01:46 +0200, Holger Parplies wrote:
>> I'm not completely sure why anyone would *not* want to 'fai-chboot -o
>> default'.

> I am one who does not, here are my reasons:

Same here. My motivation is that a 'boot to fai' is an action that has to be
chosen / enabled / issued. If no action is taken then the system will always
boot to it's existing installation -> no need to change the boot config after
install, since it's the default anyway.

if reinstall issued
  -> perform installation
else if no bootable media found