i386 nfsroot

Holger Parplies wfai at parplies.de
Mon Jul 14 21:16:45 CEST 2014

Geoff Shang wrote on 2014-07-14 18:40:38 +0100 [Re: i386 nfsroot]:
> On Mon, 14 Jul 2014, Holger Parplies wrote:
>
> >In fact, if I try to access http://http.debian.net/debian/, I am correctly
> >redirected to a mirror (I had tried without the trailing slash before,
> >which
> >did *not* work).
>
> I understand that the trailing slash is significant and necessary.  So
> perhaps the stock file needs to have it added.

I don't think debootstrap tries to access the URL it is given *as is*. The
release file for "wheezy http://http.debian.net/debian" would be
http://http.debian.net/debian/dists/wheezy/Release
A quick look at the (squeeze) debootstrap code shows that a trailing slash
would, in fact, be removed before the value is used to construct the URLs to
access.

It was just my quick test before without the slash that lead me to believe the
value is incorrect.

Regards,
Holger