i386 nfsroot

Holger Parplies wfai at parplies.de
Mon Jul 14 19:43:49 CEST 2014

Thomas Neumann wrote on 2014-07-14 19:26:24 +0200 [Re: i386 nfsroot]:
> On Monday 14 July 2014 19:09:26 Holger Parplies wrote:
> > If the rationale is to *force* people to edit the setting (to prevent
> > putting too much load on the default server(s)),
>
> If that is the only reason then why not use http://cdn.debian.net/ instead?

Hmm. Googling 'cdn.debian.net' turns up http://http.debian.net which states

	If you are familiar with cdn.debian.net you should think of
	http.debian.net as a superior replacement.

In fact, if I try to access http://http.debian.net/debian/, I am correctly
redirected to a mirror (I had tried without the trailing slash before, which
did *not* work). So, the value *does* seem to be correct, and I must wonder
what kind of problems the OP might have encountered (broken mirror?). I did
not try debootstrapping wheezy with the setting right now, but there *was* a
wheezy update released on Saturday, so mirror inconsistency seems a possible
explanation. I recommend trying again :).

Regards,
Holger