FAI 4.2.1, LVM fixes included

Thomas Neumann blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de
Thu Jul 10 11:11:58 CEST 2014

On Wednesday 09 July 2014 16:28:37 Thomas Lange wrote:
> FAI 4.2.1 is now released. It includes several LVM related fixes in
> setup-storage.

I just had a look at the patches that have been applied and noticed:

https://github.com/faiproject/fai/commit/aa5d11e0d1a93bc986e2d0c7fbd086e794fe50e1
"Fixes wipefs problem when attempting to preserve lv or vg"

  I'm pretty sure the description is wrong. As far as I understand the modified
  lines apply only if the logical volume is NOT to be preserved.

https://github.com/faiproject/fai/commit/0ecef06a9ab31261b7d090d484c82d35577cd33a
Closes #670614; Improved bugfix by Christian Kreidl

  Since it was already requested by Thomas L. to split patches to make them
  easier to understand I'm pointing out this one. IMHO this patch should have
  been split into an 'improve the code' and 'apply actual fix' part. It adds 13
  and removes 21 lines, but I ~think~ the actual fix is removing 6 lines. I'm
  unable to say whether the changes to 739-744 are 'bugfix' or 'improvement'.

Apart from that it would have been nice to announce these changes on the fai-
devel list before making the actual release. (Really - what is fai-devel for?
It's pretty much dead.) There were 16 commits between the last mail on fai-
devel and today. I think at least a 'setup-storage / lvm was patched and is
supposed to be fixed now - please try the ... branch' would have been nice.

bye
thomas