Ubuntu 14.04 host: kernel panic

Robert Markula robert at markula.org
Wed Jul 2 22:50:58 CEST 2014

Am 16.06.2014 11:14, schrieb Thomas Lange:

>     >> Please fill out http://fai-project.org/questionnaire
>     > Already done that a few years ago, although the envirtonment has changed
>     > significantly since. Should I fill it out again?
> Yes, please.
>
>     > If there is anything I can do to help regarding the FAI/Ubuntu topic,
>     > let me know what you need.
> We need someone how can test newer FAI version on Ubuntu. If you could
> give FAI 4.2 a try on an Ubuntu server and install Ubuntu
> 14.04 using it, that would be great. There's also a testing PPA
> which includes FAI 4.1.1. Even testing this version would help us.
>
> https://launchpad.net/~fai/+archive/testing/
>
> Please report any success or problems to this list.

Thomas, I used an existing wiki article to explain the details on how
FAI on Ubuntu works using stock Ubuntu packages without the PPA. The
original article consisted of a - not very helpful - single line only
and since my instructions are basically distribution agnostic, I felt
free to add them to this page:

http://wiki.fai-project.org/wiki/Installing_Ubuntu_Linux_with_FAI

Comments are welcome.

Kind regards,