fai repository task messes up /etc/apt/sources.list.d

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Jul 2 21:14:07 CEST 2014

I think I have a minor bug to report.

I keep getting pre_fcopy files in the /etc/apt/sources.list.d directory
on machines after I run a fai softupdate. I believe these files are
created during the repository task. For example, I  have a source file
for the FAI repository. It's in a file called
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/fai.list. After doing a softupdate, I end up
with another file called /etc/apt/sources.list.d/fai.list.pre_fcopy.

During the softupdate, fai prints a message during the repository task
saying, "Preserving /etc/apt/sources.list.d/fai.list." I guessing that
means it's making an pre_fcopy copy.

It causes apt to generate error messages saying, "Ignoring
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/fai.list.pre_fcopy". This is no big deal but it
is a bit annoying.

--
---
John G. Heim, 608-263-4189, jheim at math.wisc.edu