ubuntu

Sven Ulland sveniu at opera.com
Thu Jan 30 09:03:28 CET 2014

On 01/30/2014 08:25 AM, linux-service.be bvba wrote:
> I am using fai debian wheezy to install ubuntu 13.10 clients.
> Install goes well but after reboot some onboard nic's of realtek
> does not work anymore.

Hi. It could be you're running into a feature, where the Ubuntu
installer sees that it's running on an NFS root, and therefore opts to
not configure the network interfaces. If you do, I've run into the
same issue before, and resolved it with a preseed script as described
in this thread:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-installer/2013-April/001284.html

In short, I add the following parameter to the kernel command line
when installing:

url=http://my.web.server/ubuntu-fixnm.seed

And the ubuntu-fixnm.seed file contains this, *on a single line*:

ubiquity ubiquity/success_command string in-target \
sh -c "echo auto lo > /etc/network/interfaces;
echo iface lo inet loopback >> /etc/network/interfaces"

sven