Select package version in package_config?

Steffen Grunewald Steffen.Grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Mon Jan 20 13:03:42 CET 2014

I've been trying (and failed) to install Debian Jessie via FAI,
with both Wheezy and Jessie repositories listed in sources.list.

For some - yet unknown - reason, grub-pc installed itself, but
was unable to load the (also properly created) initrd (the kernel
loaded fine, but complained about "bad format" of /sbin/init).

With Wheezy only, and the grub* versions locked to what Wheezy
offers (1.99-27+deb7u2) the problem disappeared - but upgrading
the machine manually to Jessie was a time-consuming task.
I'd love to let FAI do *all* the work.
Until the reason of the grub problem has been identified, I'd like
to set the version for all 5 grub* packages to 1.99-27+deb7u2
explicitly (or, to cover the chance of the Wheezy package being
updated again, to << 2.0) - is this possible within FAI?

- S

--
Steffen Grunewald * Cluster Admin * steffen.grunewald(*)aei.mpg.de
MPI f. Gravitationsphysik (AEI) * Am Mühlenberg 1, D-14476 Potsdam