Error message after installing via fai-cd before reboot with UBUNTU

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Mon Dec 1 17:49:57 CET 2014

    > I’m trying to setup a Ubuntu Linux with fai-cd.

    > The installation process is completed, but I get an error from mv : inter-device move failed : /tmp/rebootCD to /target/tmp/rebootCD : unable to remove target : read-only file system
    > Thus, the reboot has to be done by reseting the machine, which is ok but not so nice…
    > Has anybody already seen this error message or an idea what could cause this error?

    > I don’t understand why /target should be suddenly unwriteable as everything in setup process seems to work.

Mmm. I cannot reproduce this bug with the official FAI CD using
Debian and 4.3.1+wheezy1. But the important change was done in FAI 4.2
IMO after looking at the code and the git log. Please check the FAI
version inside your nfsroot, which is used during installation, which
may differ from the version you have installed on your install server.