Temporary failure resolving apt proxy

Geoff Shang Geoff at MintFM.net
Tue Apr 8 15:22:32 CEST 2014

Hi,

I feel a bit stupid writing this as I must have solved this already
before, but obviously the correct neurons are not firing this afternoon.

I recently updated the build server to FAI 4.  I had it working OK till
this morning when I broke something.

I had to regenerate my nfsroot this morning because I needed cfengine2 and
'fai-make-nfsroot -k'  was trying to do drastic things (like remove
dracut).

After I rebuilt it, I had to do a few things like copy fai.conf in (the
default example was included instead of the working copy).  There's
obviously something I did last time that I can't remember, as I'm having
the following problem.

I need to access apt repos through a web proxy.  When it gets to
task_updatebase, it can't resolve the address of the web proxy.  Example:

Err http://us.archive.ubuntu.com quantal-security InRelease
Temporary failure resolving '<proxyhost>'

Something in the scripts must be fixing it however, as by the time
scripts/LAST/50-misc runs, it runs OK.

I've checked /etc/resolv.conf on the build server, in the NFS root and in
/target on the machine being installed.  All looks fine by the time te
install ends, but obviously something is amiss before that.

as I say, it was working this morning before I rebuilt the nfsroot, so
I've obviously just forgotten something but I'm blowed if I know what.

Any ideas welcome.

Oh and yes this is the same box I've been trying to install for over a
week now and it's still needed yesterday.

Thanks,
Geoff.