Anyone interested in FAI in Ubuntu?

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Wed Oct 16 22:10:20 CEST 2013

    > Since we make fairly heavy use of FAI on Ubuntu at MIT, I'd be happy to
    > put some time into this. Though, I've never maintained a package
    > before... do you have any suggested reading?
Hi Steve,

it's not complicated. You only have to apply some small patches to the
Debian version, than you have the Ubuntu sources and can build the
Ubuntu package. I do not know much about the processes in Ubuntu and
launchpad, but maybe some who already did packaging for Ubuntu will
help you.

    > Is this the FAI team I should join?
    > https://launchpad.net/~fai
Yes. siretart (see CC), can you add Steve to this website, or maybe
give him complete access to the FAI pages in launchpad?