new dracut and grml kernel packages in FAI repository, new gpg key

Carsten Aulbert carsten at welcomes-you.com
Tue Nov 5 19:35:04 CET 2013

Hi Thomas

On 11/05/2013 05:29 PM, Thomas Lange wrote:
> thanks to the posting of Carsten, which reminds me of adding the grml kernel
> to the package repository of the FAI project.
>
> http://fai-project.org/download/wheezy/
>
> You can now use the grml 3.10 kernel inside the nfsroot, if you have
> new hardware that is not supported by the default Debian kernel.

Thank you for the praise, but a word of caution:

The grml kernel 3.10 has a potential issue for some machines where the
kernel modules mei and mei_me cause the system reboot to end with a
power down, i.e. the FAI installation will work fine, however, when the
system reboots it will shut down ("chassis power off").

grml kernel 3.10 has both "modules" installed into the kernel
CONFIG_INTEL_MEI and CONFIG_INTEL_MEI_ME, thus there is no way to black
list these.

grml kernel 3.11 solves this problem by having these two compiled as
modules, thus one can use /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf or the command
line argument "modprobe.blacklist=mei,mei_me".

Cheers

Carsten