Creating GPT BIOS partition with FAI 4.0.6

Bob Apodaca bob at phxlab.honeywell.com
Tue Mar 19 18:59:32 CET 2013

I am trying to use a GPT partition scheme and my GRUB installation was
failing because I did not have a BIOS/GRUB partition. I've done some
searches and read the setup-storage manual page a few times, but it is
not obvious to me how to do this.

 From the GRUB manual it appears parted can do it from the command-line

http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/BIOS-installation.html

excerpt here:

      # parted /dev/disk set partition-number bios_grub on

Here is an excerpt from my attempt:

disk_config disk1 disklabel:gpt bootable:1 fstabkey:uuid
primary -                8     bios_grub

but I get this error:

unknown/invalid filesystem type bios_grub (mkfs.bios_grub not found in PATH)

My next idea is to just create an ext2 partition with a "bios_grub"
label, then add a script to the end of the install to call parted with
the above command.

Any better ideas?