FAIBASE/10-misc and hostname

Anders Jackson anders.jackson at hig.se
Mon Mar 11 20:46:03 CET 2013

mån 2013-03-11 klockan 19:46 +0100 skrev Thomas Neumann:
> Hiya
>
> [I'm not ~the~ Thomas, but I still want to answer.]
>
> On Monday, March 11, 2013 06:15:13 PM Holger Parplies wrote:
> > Some of these are FAI tasks, some are not. You can probably argue about
> > whether hostname and /etc/network/interfaces are the responsibility of FAI
> > or of the config space.
>
> Then the wise master nodded and asked the initiate: What is an 'installation'?

:-)

Why not a step by step guidance from a clean system and then add things
to end up with a configuration space with enough to have a resonable
system that shown the most important technics that is needed to master
when doing fai installation/upgrade?

Might be something to work on in the wiki space?  I am totally beginner
and have just lurked the list to pick some stuff up, but never done a
proper installation. Have not had the time for that. :-(

/Anders

--
Anders Jackson, universitetsadjunkt i datavetenskap, Högskolan i Gävle
Tel: 026 6488764 | Fax: 026 648758 | Webb: http://www.hig.se/~jackson/