missing :vers=3 in nfsroot

Thomas Neumann blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de
Thu Mar 7 23:29:16 CET 2013

On Thursday, March 07, 2013 10:12:31 PM Ingo Wichmann wrote:
[...]
> fai-chboot -B -I default
>
> creates a file
>
> pxelinux.cfg/default
>
> Here I need to add :vers=3
>
> Thomas writes:
> In other words change nfsroot directory from <directory> to <NFS-server IP>:<directory>:vers=3

The strange thing is that it worked a couple of times without adding
':vers=3' manually. But at some point it started to fail. Haven't had the
patience to find out when this happens exactly.

> I didn't need the NFS-server IP.

It's not required as long as the TFTP-Server is also serving as the
NFS-Server (which is probably true in most setups). I added it this
setting as
a) a hint on where to change the NFS-Server in case it isn't
b) make it obvious where the NFS-Server setting is coming from

bye
thomas