Target host error.log created by fai client

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Thu Dec 5 22:32:50 CET 2013

    > I may be doing something unusual by using apt-cacher-ng instead of a
    > local mirror, yet cacher seems to be functioning OK by looking at
    > casher-log.
It's fine to use apt-cache-ng or approx, if things are running
file. But in your case with a lot of errors, please disable any proxy
or cache and us some official (maybe slower) Debian mirror.

    > First from error.log I see three entries:
    > fai.log:W: Failed to fetch
    > http://http.debian.net/debian/dists/wheezy/Release.gpg  Could n
    > ot resolve 'http.debian.net'
    > fai.log:W: Failed to fetch

    > I can confirm that from the special subnet used for fai-client, ping
    > reports "unknown host ..." for the three sites shown above.
These are fundamental errors! Do not look at any subsequent errors,
but try to solve these errors first.

I guess DNS for your the install clients is broken heavily.

Please put your fai.log onto paste.debian.net, so we can see more
details.