fai remote install ubuntu

linux-service.be bvba guy at linux-service.be
Fri Aug 9 12:19:25 CEST 2013

I am able to run for example paterdmagic on a ubuntu pc(enry in grub pointing to a iso and completely loaded
in ram).I can access this live partedmagic with an ssh tunnel.With partedmagic the main hdd is not mounted.
Can I use fai iso to do the same : make an entry in grub2 on the ubuntu pc and boot in it, than install a
newer version of ubuntu on the hdd. Fai should be accessable with a ssh tunnel however to start the
installation.
This way I shlould be able to install a new distro on the hdd remotely.
Is this possible?

gd