when should drives get mounted

Jon Little burundiocibu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 16:36:36 CEST 2012

I am updating my FAI infrastructure to use 4.0.3 and have run into a
problem. When installing a client via an nfsroot image, the /tmp/fai
directory used for logging is not being created. It appears that when
that dir is created in the /etc/init.d/rcS script, the tmpfs is not
mounted on the clients /tmp so it is still the read-only nfsroot
filesystem. Am I missing something in my nfsroot creation?

Some details on my environment:
fai server is running Debian/wheezy and using the repo's fai packages.
I did have to make the change to /usr/sbin/fai-make-nfsroot as
described in https://lists.uni-koeln.de/pipermail/linux-fai/2012-July/009752.html

The nfsroot uses live-boot (as opposed to dracut) and also installs
from Debian/wheezy.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Jon Little