vanishing configuration files during nfsroot generation on ubuntu precise pangolin

Max Techter mt at barfish.in-berlin.de
Mon Oct 22 14:46:32 CEST 2012

Hi list,

I got a fai setup on a server based on ./ubuntu-12.04.1-server-amd64.iso

the fai-server package is version 3.4.8ubuntu2

building an nfsroot with the following configuration

        cat /etc/fai-lubu64/make-fai-nfsroot.conf
        =>
        NFSROOT=/srv/fai/nfsroot-lubu64

        TFTPROOT=/srv/tftp/fai64

        FAI_CONFIGDIR=/srv/fai/config

        FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP="precise http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/"

        FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP_OPTS="--exclude=info,dhcp-client --include=aptitude"

works fine, only I am confused that some of the upstart configuration
files are lost during the nfsroot generation:

eg. ./tty1.conf

      # chroot /srv/fai/nfsroot-lubu64.test/live/filesystem.dir

      # dpkg -S  /etc/init/tty1.conf
      =>
      upstart: /etc/init/tty1.conf

      # file !$
      =>
      file /etc/init/tty1.conf
      /etc/init/tty1.conf: ERROR: cannot open `/etc/init/tty1.conf'\
       (No such file or directory)

these upstart configuration files are part of the ./base.tgz but they
are missing in the nfsroot:

    # chroot /srv/fai/nfsroot-lubu64.test/live/filesystem.dir

    # tar --list --gzip -f /var/tmp/base.tgz  ./etc/init/  | wc -l
    =>
    56

    # ls /etc/init/ | wc -l
    =>
    27

could anybody give me a hint, why these configuration files vanish?

Any help appreciated

regards

max.