installing centos with fai

Gert Huisman gert.huisman.55 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 05:51:29 CET 2012

Hi,

I have been using FAI for years to install Debian machines. And we have
a running setup for Debian squeeze.
We now need to install a bunch of centos machines, and I expected to
have an easy job, installing a new Debian wheezy machine with FAI 4,
which has an example setup for centos.

Last days I spend a lot of hours to get the wheezy setup working, wihout
succes. Seems I can't get a working initrd nfsroot combination.
I saw some discussions on the fai mailinglist to solve the problems and
tried some pachting of fai-make-nfsroot and reverting to dracut 19,
without solving the issue.

Can you give me an advise on a working version of FAI that I can easely
use to install centos. I am close to some deadlines, and I hate to go
installing these machines manually.

Gert