Any plans to get rid of nfs+overlayfs for netboot?

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Wed May 30 11:56:07 CEST 2012

    > - nfs/aufs related quirks -

    > c) aufs does not work. Tells me something is not right (/etc/fstab,
    > /sysconfig/etc/fstab is missing) and gives up with a a kernel panic.
I tested FAI 4.0 and dracut inside a wheezy nfsroot on a squeeze
install server. This works fine. I can reproduce your errors on a
wheezy install server. I will have a look into it. Maybe you can write
a simple bug report for this.

>  Any plans to get rid of nfs+overlayfs for netboot?
No. NFS + aufs is a good combination and FAI is using it for several
years. But if you do like to do it without nfs+aufs read
http://fai-project.org/doc/man/fai-nfsroot2image.html
It's working like a charm.