install 32Bit-packages on 64Bit-system failed

Sabine Schmidt sabine.schmidt at desy.de
Mon May 21 11:14:36 CEST 2012

Hello,

is it correct, that a nfsroot for Ubuntu precise 64Bit-architecture
cannot install packages for 32Bit-achitecture? Our nfsroot don't find
32Bit-packages in the repository, only 64Bit-packages.
The command 'uptitude update' fetch only the 64Bit-packages. And I get
the error message "No candidate  version found for <package>".

If I run the command 'aptitude update' outside the nfsroot, the
32Bit-packages are fetched too. And I can install this packages too.

What can I do, so that 32Bit-packages are installed during the
fai-installation?

Thanks for your answers.
Regards,
Sabine