move basefiles out of config space

Toomas Tamm tt-fai at kky.ttu.ee
Thu Mar 22 08:35:18 CET 2012

On Wed, 2012-03-21 at 18:48 +0100, Thomas Neumann wrote:
> >> The extrbase hook? Or is there a better place?
>  > Very good idea.
>
> In a different country and a different FAI installation I used this
> "hooks/extrbase.DEFAULT" in place of the 'normal' one.

[...]

Apparently this is a frequently occurring need (and I was glad to learn
that it finally has an "official" solution in FAI 4.0). Here is my take
at this problem:

I install the basefiles under ~fai/basefiles (you need to create this
directory, or use any other location readable to user "fai") and then
have the following one-line hooks as extrbase.MYCLASS :

scp fai at faiserver:basefiles/MYCLASS.tar.gz /var/lib/fai/config/basefiles

This makes use of the fact that user "root" is granted passwordless
access to the "fai" account on the FAI server.

Toomas