setup-storage and windows 7

Toomas Tamm toomas at yki.ttu.ee
Mon Mar 12 14:45:57 CET 2012

On Fri, 2012-03-09 at 18:40 +0100, Gémes Géza wrote:
> Hi
>
> First of all thank you, that is really good news. I have just some more
> questions below:

> Does that mean the experimental branch of the git repo?

I am using the pre-packaged .deb's from
http://fai-project.org/download/experimental/ .

> > - if the "preserve_always:all" flag is present, this means literally "do
> > not touch any partitioning information at all".
> Do the preserve_always flag has other possible attributes besides all?

I think you can also list specific partitions there, but in this case
the partition table is re-created, with the preserved partitions in the
same place as before. From e-mails of Michael Tautschnig I understood
that because the same code must handle creation, deletion, resize, and
possibly other situtations, it would normally always re-create the
partition table more or less from scratch. The "all" with semantics of
"do not touch anything" was added as an exception.

Toomas