FAI installation with grml kernel fails

Toomas Tamm tt-fai at kky.ttu.ee
Thu Mar 8 18:11:51 CET 2012

On Wed, 2012-03-07 at 11:13 +0100, Thomas Lange wrote:

>     > release does not support aufs anymore, i had to use the grml kernel
>     > (3.1.0-grml64). this kernel did not assign my disks to root:disk (as FAI
>     > expects in order to find the disks for partitioning) but to root:root.
> I wonder if this a bug of the grml kernel or maybe a broken udev configuration.

I am installing a virtual machine with the 3.1.0-grml64 kernel (FAI
3.4.8 + fai-setup-storage 4.0~beta3+experimental7) right now and at
least the virtual (virtio) disks vda, vda1...vda9 in /dev have root:disk
ownership, mode 660.

Some time ago I also installed a physical host with similar setup
without any disk-related problems.

Toomas