LVM is "inactive" on first reboot after installation

David Magda dmagda at ee.ryerson.ca
Tue Jun 12 22:14:07 CEST 2012

On Tue, June 12, 2012 15:48, n43w79 wrote:
>> "disk1" didn't work with the "vg" line; the correct value is "disk1.2".
>>
> Sorry! Here is my working version:
> disk_config disk1 fstabkey:uuid
> primary  /boot  128   ext2  rw,errors=remount-ro
> primary  swap   1024  swap  rw
> primary  -      0-    -     -
>
> disk_config lvm
> vg        vg0       disk1.3
> vg0-root  /         10G    ext3  rw,errors=remount-ro
> vg0-tmp   /tmp      1024   ext3  rw
[...]
> Hope the above helps?

What release of Debian, and what version of "lvm2" are you using?
  # cat /etc/debian_version
  6.0.5
  # dpkg --list | grep lvm2
  ii  lvm2           2.02.66-5        The Linux Logical Volume Manager

Not sure if my previous message has managed to get to you, but certain
versions of LVM under Debian have a bug that prevents them being activated
on boot: