Still having problem with configuring FAI

Steve B. docbop at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 21:05:27 CEST 2012

I haven't posted in a couple days, but the problems all still exist.

Friday I created a new Debian Wheezy FAI server and install FAI, but never
got to work at all.  All sorts of what appears to be NFS issues.  I was
using the -l -v -f for the setup and make nfs.  Today I switched by to my
Squeeze FAI server trying to push out wheezy and similar issue target
starts going bad with Begin: Tring  netboot from :srv/fai/nfsroot ...
Begin: Trying nfsmount -o nlock -o ro :/srv/fai/nfsroot /liv e/image ..
nffmount: can't parse IP address '' and continues that last line till I
power off the target.

Also on the FAI Wheezy server still have ti issue running fai-setup:

Using configuration files from /etc/fai
Creating FAI nfsroot in /srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir
mv: cannot move `/srv/fai/nfsroot' to
`/srv/fai/nfsroot/../.will-now-be-deleted/nfsroot': Directory not empty

So to get fai-setup to work I have to delete the nftroot.

Sounds like fai-setup isn't configuring nfs.   I wish the FAI doc's had
info on troubleshooting nfs since it is so dependent on it.

Can someone give me some pointers to troubleshooting this.

Steve B.