mount.nfs: mount system failed during FAI installation

Ivan Reche ivan.reche at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 06:03:45 CEST 2012

I'm using Debian 6 with fai-project 3.4.7 to setup a homemade cluster. My
setup used to work, but now it is failing right after this line during the
FAI installation process:

FAI_CONFIG_SRC is set to nfs://server/srv/fai/config

I get the following error:

mount.nfs: mount system call failed

However, I can manually mount the directories /srv/fai/config and
/srv/fai/nfsroot with this client's shell right after this error. So I'm a
little lost here. The logs aren't helpful. Does anyone have a clue about
this?

Thanks in advance.