Subject: Wheezy nfsroot / FAI 4.0.3

Bjarne Bertilsson bjarne.bertilsson at axis.com
Fri Jul 20 07:51:01 CEST 2012

On 07/20/2012 12:04 AM, linux-fai-request at uni-koeln.de wrote:

>  Just commented the line :
>  "dracut-network live-boot- live-boot-initramfs-tools-" in NFSROOT, and
>  regenerated the nfsroot (without error).
>  Updated my pxelinux.cfg ^boot=nfs^boot=live
>
>  With this configuration, I got
>  "http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/37/failivebootbootlive.png/"
>  which end with a shell.
>
>  With boot=live, network seems not to be configured. So no nfsmount.
>

>  I'm totally lost !
>

>  "live-boot" + "boot=nfs" is the better combinaison I've found. But
>  problem seems to be related to missing aufs support...

live-boot3.0(~a35-1) is broken on wheezy. If you run ipconfig in the
initramfs shell the network will properly come up. There is
a bug report on this somewhere but weren't able to find it just now with
a quick search. I fixed it temporarily by pinning an earlier version of
the package from snapshot.debian.org.

BR
/ Bjarne