Wheezy nfsroot / FAI 4.0.3

Mathieu Alorent malorent at echo.fr
Thu Jul 19 15:02:52 CEST 2012

Le 19/07/2012 14:41, Thomas Lange a écrit :
> > I'm getting troubles setting up FAI 4.0.3.
>      >  I can't get a working wheezy nfsroot...
>
>      >  I've tried fai-make-nfsroot with dracut, which end with error....
>      >  http://paste.debian.net/179755
>      >  http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/faidracut.png/
> Something weird with your kernel. Why doe this kernel doesa not
> support nfs?
Yes really weird, maybe it's because something went wrong during
make-fai-nfsroot.

I've chrooted into the nfsroot as 'oz_' proposed on Irc, and launched
apt-get install -f, but no problems were detected.

>      >  I've also tried with live-boot
> When using live-boot you must not install dracut into the nfsroot. And
> you also need the lkernel parameter boot-live.
Just commented the line :
"dracut-network live-boot- live-boot-initramfs-tools-" in NFSROOT, and
regenerated the nfsroot (without error).
Updated my pxelinux.cfg ^boot=nfs^boot=live

With this configuration, I got
"http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/37/failivebootbootlive.png/"
which end with a shell.

With boot=live, network seems not to be configured. So no nfsmount.

I'm totally lost !

"live-boot" + "boot=nfs" is the better combinaison I've found. But
problem seems to be related to missing aufs support...

--
Mathieu Alorent