NIS client installation with FAI

Katarzyna Myrek oliviakrk at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 15:24:14 CEST 2012

Hi

I've been trying to install nis client using a class. Unfortunately nis
package requires attention while installing. It shows a prompt for nis
domain during installation.

Anyone managed to install nis automatically?

I tried to create script called by a hook:

  3
  4 if [ $FAI_ACTION = "install" ]; then
  5 fcopy -BMi /root/nis_install
  6 echo "Copied nis_install"
  7 ls /target/root/
  8 sleep 10
  9 $ROOTCMD debconf-set-selections /root/nis_install
 10 $ROOTCMD aptitude install -y nis
 11 #rm /target/root/nis_install

 13 echo "line with nfs exports" >> /target/etc/fstab
 14
 15
 16 $ROOTCMD /etc/init.d/nis stop
 17
 18 fcopy -BMi /etc/defaultdomain
 19 fcopy -BMi /etc/default/nis
 20 fcopy -BMi /etc/yp.conf
 21 fcopy -BMi /etc/nsswitch.conf
 22

 24 echo "+::::::" >> /target/etc/passwd
 25 echo "+::::::" >> /target/etc/shadow
 26 echo "+::::::" >> /target/etc/group
 27 echo "+::::::" >> /target/etc/gshadow
 28
 29 fi

When I manually execute all those commands everything is working properly.
I am binding to nis dommain without a problem. When I run this script as a
hook, then I can't log using nis.

Regards,
Olivia