live-boot + FAI fails

Andreas B. Mundt andi.mundt at web.de
Mon Jul 9 16:51:44 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am trying to build a CD image for FAI.  The image uses live-boot.
After booting the kernel, I end on the initramfs command line.

The last messages of interest are:

    aufs opt_add:714:busybox[255]: lookup failed /live/image/live/filesystem.dir/ (-2)

and:

    live-boot will now start a shell. The error message was:

    mount aufs on /root/ failed with option -o noatime,noxino,dirs=/live/overlay/=rw:/live/image/live/filesystem.dir/=rr+wh

The chroot of the live system has the latest live-boot packages from
today (just migrated to testing):

ii  live-boot      3.0~a35-1      Debian Live - System Boot Scripts
un  live-boot-back <none>         (no description available)
un  live-boot-doc  <none>         (no description available)
ii  live-boot-init 3.0~a35-1      Debian Live - System Boot Scripts (initramfs
un  live-build     <none>         (no description available)

FAI version is 4.0.3.  The procedure to create the CD image is
described here: <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLAN/bootstrap/wheezy>
Any ideas how to fix the issue are welcome.

Best regards,

     Andi