FAI-CD to usb stick from Windows

Andreas Heinlein aheinlein at gmx.com
Mon Jan 30 09:15:31 CET 2012

Am 18.12.2011 14:16, schrieb david touzeau:
> Dear
>
> I there a procedure/way from Microsoft Windows user to transform a ISO
> generated by fai-cd to an usb stick without using linux ?

Not sure which bootloader fai-cd uses. If it's Syslinux/Isolinux, you
should be able to convert the ISO to a hybrid image. There's a version
of isohybrid for windows linked here:
http://chakra-project.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?pid=16306#p16306

If it's GRUB, however, I'm pretty lost. There is grub4dos, it should be
possible to write the ISO to a thumb drive (or copy the ISOs contents)
and get grub to boot that, but I don't know how.

Bye,
Andreas