cant mount mirror, rpc.statd not running

Carsten Aulbert Carsten.Aulbert at aei.mpg.de
Wed Feb 29 19:30:34 CET 2012

Hi Thomas

> I am running out of ideas, has anyone experienced something similar?
> I found the following thread
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.fai/7366/focus=7370 but it
> didnt helped me out.

Without looking, I think you hit the same issue I found yesterday on our
compute nodes. If makefile like dependency boot is enabled and you have the
package "portmap" installed, statd fails to start upon booting. The solution
is to either install the package "rpcbind" instead and/or ensure that
dependency booting is disabled by running

touch /etc/init.d/.legacy-bootordering

Hopefully, this will help.

cheers

Carsten