[OT] any eqivalent of systemimager

J. Bakshi bakshi12 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 10:58:23 CET 2012

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 10:44:21 +0100
Thomas Lange <lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de> wrote:

>     > The good systemimager is dead. Could any one suggest any equivalent of the same ?
> Use FAI.
>
>     > I have found SALI ( sara automated linux installer ) but there is no good document
>     > about how to use it to take image backup.
> FAI is no image installer but an way o doing an fully automated
> installation, controlled bu scripts. Using FAI, image backups are not
> needed any more.

Actually I like to implement a image backup server; where the images of the running servers
will be backed up. In case of any problem the image can be restored on the server to get a
working system in minimal time. systemimager is dead and having problem with grub2; hence it is
not valid for the latest linux distros