OT: dpkg hangs unpacking

Toomas Tamm tt-fai at kky.ttu.ee
Fri Feb 10 18:04:37 CET 2012

On Fri, 2012-02-10 at 07:12 -0600, Brian Kroth wrote:

> missing_pkg_foo::
>       "/usr/bin/yes | DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive DEBIAN_PRIORITY=critical DEBCONF_NONINTERACTIVE_SEEN=true /usr/bin/apt-get -y --force-yes install foo"

There are also two files in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d of the FAI nfsroot,
named 10fai and 90fai. We copy these files to all installed
systems' /etc/apt/apt.conf.d . Helps to "calm down" apt in some
situations. Warning: these files turn off some security checks and may
open your system to additional attacks. You need to evaluate the
associated risks, especially before copying 10fai.

Toomas